Deadline: February 19, 2010
For full consideration, please ensure that all application materials are submitted by this deadline, including the letters of recommendation.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Send the following additional information in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Academic transcript (an unofficial transcript is okay for initial consideration).
- Statement of Interest: Describe in approximately two pages (1) your background in mathematics, statistics, and/or programming; (2) your interest in applications of mathematics and/or statistics; and (3) your experience with or interest in team work (this can be in an academic or in an extracurricular setting, e.g., a campus club).
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency: Support through this program is limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only, as required by the National Science Foundation (NSF). For proof of citizenship, please submit a scanned copy of your U.S. passport, your birth certificate, or your certificate of naturalization. For proof of permanent residency, please submit a scanned copy of your green card or equivalent documentation.
If you have questions about the required additional documentation or cannot obtain the necessary documents in PDF format, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of recommendation: Arrange for two letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from the letter writer email@example.com. Please ask each letter writer to discuss (1) your background in mathematics, statistics, and/or programming; (2) your written and oral communication skills; and (3) your experience in team work, if any.
NOTE: If you have questions about the requirements and/or the process, do not hesitate to contact us, for instance, by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.